The Texas Legislature passed a bill implementing a photo identification requirement for Texas voters. To vote in the next election you must present AT LEAST ONE of the following forms of ID.
If you do not have one of these forms of identification, fill out the form at the bottom of this page so we can contact you and help provide guidance.
Accepted Forms of Identification:
1. A Texas Driver License or personal identification card - unexpired or less than 60 days expired. Issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
2. A Texas Concealed Handgun License - unexpired or expired less than 60 days, issued by DPS.
3. United States Military identification card - containing the person's photograph.
4. U.S. citizenship certificate with photograph, or U.S. passport - unexpired or expired less than 60 days
If you do not have ANY of the above listed items, fill out the box below.
5. Texas Election identification certificate - If you do not have ANY of the above listed items, you can apply for a Texas Election identification certificate. You can receive this ID for FREE if you do not have any of the other forms of identification listed above. You can find out more information about obtaining this ID at this link.
To find the DPS location nearest to you, click this link.
Exemptions from Photo ID requirement - No photo ID is needed if you vote by mail. Those with documented disabilities can call the County Voter Registrar at (409) 882-7973.
Join Us Today!
- or Sign In -